5 Problems That Pilates Will Help To Get Rid Of
Pilates is not just an effective fitness program for weight loss and pumping of all muscle groups of the body, but also an effective way to maintain the health of the whole organism. We decided to talk about the most common problems with which Pilates can cope more effectively than some doctors.
What Is Pilates?
Pilates is a complex system of body improvement developed by the German sports doctor Joseph Pilates at the beginning of the twentieth century. It is based on the method of proper breathing and various modifications of physical exercises adapted to the individual needs of each person.
The integral approach of Pilates makes it accessible to everyone: for the adult generation and retirees, those who have just started to play sports or want to gradually restore the body after an injury.
Contraindications for Pilates
Unfortunately, even such a safe system as Pilates has its own contraindications. The number of contraindications, as a rule, include the following factors:
- Colds and viral diseases, accompanied by a significant increase in temperature. Training should be stopped when the temperature rises to 37.5 degrees. Coordination of movement in this state is significantly reduced, which can lead to injuries.
- Tumors of both types, especially of the skeletal system. Neglecting these prohibitions can lead to fractures and disease progression.
- Untreated bone fractures and tears/sprains of muscles and ligaments.
- Scoliosis, flatfoot grade 3, spinal injury. Parts of the “center of power” with these diseases are not able to withstand at least a soft, but still load. And pilates can aggravate the situation.
- Mental illness. Pilates is based on concentrating on movements and exacerbated the perception of own body during training, which is rather difficult for a person suffering from clinical mental disorders.
- Risk of bleeding.
5 Problems With Which Pilates Can Cope
1. Stress and depression
The technique of correct, deep breathing, smoothness and dynamism of the movements underlying the Pilates helps to relieve anxiety and tension. Scientists call this state “post-training euphoria” and associate it with the release into the blood of the hormone of happiness, endorphin, which is responsible for a good mood.
It is believed that with regular workouts, this process has a cumulative effect and in the future can relieve depression, improve appetite and normalize sleep.
2. Sexual problems
Regular pilates classes can improve the quality of sexual life. In the process of training, the abdominal muscles are strengthened, the flexibility of the hip joints develops and blood circulation in the hip area increases. This has a beneficial effect on the enhancement of female libido and contributes to more vivid and prolonged orgasms.
3. Low brain performance
Pilates himself called his exercise system “thinking training”. Chinese scientists have studied changes in brain activity in women after 10 weeks of pilates classes. They found an increase in the activity of neurons in the brain, which is closely related to the improvement of memory, concentration level and increased ability to learn.
Researchers also believe that Pilates potential can be used to treat people with degenerative brain diseases and cognitive dysfunctions.
4. Back pain
According to a study published in the Medical Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy, Pilates exercises help to get rid of discomfort and back pain. It can be used as an effective chronic back pain treatment. A woman who practiced Pilates for 4 weeks experienced more relief than those who visited the doctor’s office.
Researchers believe that Pilates relieves tension in the hip joints, strengthens the back muscles and increases the mobility of the lumbar spine.
5. Breathing problems
Special attention in Pilates to the formulation of proper breathing not only helps to get rid of fatigue and tension but also improves blood circulation in the body. With proper deep breathing, blood supplies oxygen to the muscles and organs faster, which contributes to effective detoxification of the body and faster recovery of muscle tissue after exercise.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Sivana Spirit 5 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 1 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 2 MINUTE READ
- by Sivana Spirit 4 MINUTE READ
- by Matt Caron 52 SECONDS READ
- by Paul Bork 9 MINUTE READ