14 Chakra Balancing Yoga Postures With Affirmations | A Complete Chakra Healing Guide
Chakras are the energy centers of the body. They are located along the spine, starting at the base and running up to the crown of the head.
Interestingly, each of these energy centers radiates a specific color and energy.
Your Take Away From the Chakra Balancing Yoga Postures With Affirmations
Spiritual, Emotional, And Psychological Benefits
Since each chakra recounts specific spiritual, emotional, psychological, and physical aspects of our being, the blockage or malfunction of the chakras may lead to physical, psychological, and emotional disorders.
The conscious awareness and the balancing of these energy centers, on the other hand, are believed to lead to our well-being and good health.
To add further, these centers correspond with one or more Endocrine glands in the physical body.
Endocrine glands release hormones into the bloodstream. This lets the hormones travel to cells in other parts of the body.
The endocrine hormones help control mood, growth and development, the way our organs work, metabolism, and reproduction.
The endocrine system regulates how much of each hormone is released.
That said, working with your Chakra system can, directly and indirectly, impact your hormonal system.
The Chakra Healing Road Map
You might be aware of the fact that the Chakras can be balanced with yoga postures and affirmations both.
Yoga postures can help us to stimulate and rejuvenate the specific Chakra areas.
On the other hand, Affirmations, the ‘I am… Statements’ are highly effective and positive statements known to affect our conscious and subconscious mind both.
Vocalizing affirmations is known to improve our behavior, thinking patterns, habits, and the environment.
That is the intention of todays’ yoga practice- to heal, stimulate and balance the chakras’ energies in the body.
To make our process of healing and manifestation, speedy and productive, we can combine more than one form of Chakra balancing methods.
So, we shall start with each chakra one by one, starting from the Root Chakra scaling to the Crown Chakra.
You will learn two yoga postures for each Chakra, their color, and corresponding affirmations.
I have included “How to do…” for each yoga posture. If still in doubt, you can watch this video on YouTube.
Or, get access to my Yoga Postures library (PW- ASANALAYA).
Root Chakra- Muladhara
Root Chakra is our first Chakra at the base of the spine.
It owns the characteristics like stability, security, being grounded, and all the basic survival needs like food, water, shelter in our life.
The element of root Chakra is Earth
Hence, it owns all the properties of our blue planet, Mother Earth, such as heaviness and sturdiness to allows six other body Chakras to stack above it.
Sit in Dandasana with both legs in front of you.
● Visualize a red color ball at the base of your spine.
● Sense inch by inch, parts of your body in contact with the ground.
● Catch the sensations and imagine the energy being transmitted to your own body from the ground, nourishing all the vital organs.
Now chant these affirmations to favor and balance your first Chakra.
● I am grounded
● I am secured
● I am well-nourished
● I am taken care of
● I am…
● Fold your legs and sit on your heels.
● Once grounded, repeat the above Root Chakra affirmations.
Sacral Chakra- Svadhisthana
Imagine an orange color ball filling your womb area since this is the house of the Sacral Chakra.
This is also the area of our creativity, productivity, and sexuality.
Swadhisthana element is Water
Working on the Sacral Chakra helps to heal and enhance our creativity and boost productivity.
Cat and Cow Posture
● Come on all four for cat and cow Posture.
● Try to be creative here.
● Move your body to massage your Sacral Chakra.
● Design your life with the element of Creativity and Productivity.
● Stimulate your organs to explore your sexuality.
Complement your work with these Sacral Chakra affirmations-
● I flow like water.
● I am creative
● I am productive
● I believe in my sexuality
● I feel…
● Sit on your mat with both legs in front of you.
● Bend your knees and bring the soles of both feet together.
● Show your creativity here.
● Flow like the water.
Be as creative as you can be with your Posture.
And, repeat Swadhisthana Affirmations one by one.
Solar plexus Chakra- Manipura
The Third Chakra, Mani Pura, AKA, Solar Plexus Chakra, is all about our ability to shine.
“Live with confidence and vitality”. Increasing our self-respect and being vibrant.
The color of Solar Plexus Chakra is shiny bright yellow and,
The element of Manipura is Sun or Fire
From the butterfly pose, come to the staff pose.
● Raise both the legs together, off the ground, and come in a boat-like structure.
And, hold here.
Boat pose is the best pose for shaping up and boosting your level of confidence.
These solar plexus Chakra affirmations will help you to tune with your third energy center.
● I am confident
● I am bright
● I am successful
● I shine
● I do…
● From the boat pose, come on all four and then rise for the plank pose.
● From all four points, push the ground away and keep the spinal cord straight and navel scissoring to your spinal column.
● Hold for five breaths.
● Come on the forearm plank.
Repeat your Manipura affirmations one by one.
Heart Chakra aka Anahata
“Heart Chakra aka Anahata is green in color, situated in the heart area, and covers the entire chest region”.
It is governed by the feeling of giving and receiving love, compassion, and kindness.
The element of Anahata is Air
● From the plank pose, untuck your toes and bring your lower body to touch the ground and your heart opened away from the mat.
● Breath, and press your legs into the mat to open a bit more from the heart area.
Chant these heart Chakra affirmations to balance your heart Chakra.
● I am kind
● I am compassionate
● I love…
● I am worthy of love
● I receive love
● From the cobra pose, come to the kneeling posture.
● With an Inhale, take a giant step with your hands, and surrender your chest on the ground.
● Imagine a green color bright light emerging from your heart, capable of spreading the kindest feelings of love.
Reaffirm your Anahata affirmations from the core of your heart.
Throat Chakra- Vishuddha
Climbing gradually up to the throat area, meet your Throat Chakra a. k. a. Vishuddha, the blue radiant ball of authenticity and truth-full communication.
The element of Throat Chakra is Ether
● Come to the cobra pose or on your stomach.
● Bend both the legs from the knees and with the help of both hands grab your ankles.
● Inhale and stretch to rise away from the ground, to come into a bow-like stance.
To open your throat Chakra, bow pose or Dhanurasana is an excellent yoga posture.
Recall all the throat Chakra characteristics, and chant these throat Chakra affirmations.
● I speak my truth
● I communicate with authenticity
● I am melodious
● I am authentic.
● I speak…
From bow pose, come back to the kneeling position to open your throat Chakra in camel pose or Ushtrasana.
● Begin by kneeling upright with your knees hip-distance apart. …
● Rest your hands on the back of your pelvis, with your fingers pointing to the floor. …
● Lean back, with your chin, slightly tucked toward your chest. …
● If you are comfortable here, you can take the pose even deeper.
● Grab both the heels with the hands without straining your neck and back.
Repeat your Vishuddha Affirmations.
Third eye Chakra- Ajna
Your Third Eye Chakra aka Ajna is situated between the two eyebrows, which is why also referred to as the Brow Chakra.
This indigo color Chakra represents your dreams, intuitions, and having a well-balanced vision.
The element of Ajna Chakra is Light
● From the camel pose, rest in the child’s pose for 10 seconds.
● You have options to perform your favorite vinyasa flow and come to the standing posture Samasthiti or Mountain Pose.
● Stand tall in Samasthiti or the mountain pose.
● Feel grounded from all the four corners of the feet.
● At this point, you need to focus and maintain your balance.
● Lift your right leg off the floor and place it somewhere between your left knee and thighs.
● Find your Drishti point
Chant your Ajna Affirmations.
● I dream
● I have visions
● I sense
● I believe in my intuitions
● I see…
Tree pose on the other side,
Repeat your affirmations.
Other postures related to the third eye chakra are the Eagle pose, Warrior III, etc.
Crown Chakra- Sahasrara
Crown Chakra or Sahasrara is situated in the Crown of the head and beyond.
‘It is all about our connectivity with the supreme and oneness with the Universe”.
The color of the Crown Chakra is white.
The element of Sahasrara is Space
To stimulate your Sahasrara, focus on the inverted postures such as Downward-facing Dog, Sirsasana, or simply, Leg-Up The Wall position.
If you feel inversions are not your thing, you can try this simple yet effective Shashankasana or Rabbit Pose.
● Take a vinyasa flow and come to the child’s pose with both arms along your legs.
● Hold both of your heels with the corresponding hands and bring the Crown of the head touching the ground.
Stimulate the Crown of your head, and
Repeat the Sahasrara Affirmations.
● I am universe
● I am connected
● Aham Brahmasmi
● I understand…
Guided Meditation In Lotus pose and Lotus Mudra
Come to the lotus pose and bring both palms together in front of your heart in Lotus Mudra.
Open the arms and gather the healing energy of the universe and let it flow into your body to nourish all the lower Chakras.
Seal your practice with the universal sound of Om.
Om Om Om…
Wrapping Up- Chakra Balancing Yoga Postures With Affirmations
Other methods of Chakra balancing include crystals essential oils and Reiki healing.
At the end of the practice just do this basic Reiki Healing process.
● While still in a meditative posture, rub both the palms together and then separate them on your thighs.
● Very gradually try to bring them together without touching each other.
● Sense a ball of energy between your palms and some tickling sensations.
● Now, place one of the palms in your crown Chakra area, and with the other palm, scan each chakra center.
● Notice the sensations.
● Repeat this each day just after these chakra balancing yoga postures with affirmations.
● Note down thoughts and feelings.
● For the best results, practice for 21 days in succession.
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
Best Yoga Retreats Of India For The Ultimate Spiritual Experienceby Yoga Vidya School 7 MINUTE READ
Anti-Aging With Ayurveda: 10 Ways To Prevent Or Reverse Signs Of Agingby Veena Haasl-Blilie 18 MINUTE READ
The Yogic Kleshas: Minimize Suffering With Mindfulnessby Kacey Kingry 7 MINUTE READ
Natural Anxiety Remedies: How To Manage Anxiety With Ayurvedaby Veena Haasl-Blilie 6 MINUTE READ
Diaphragmatic Breathing, Pranayama For A Grounded Day And Restorative Sleepby Veena Haasl-Blilie 11 MINUTE READ
Intermittent Fasting In Ayurveda: A Spiritual Approachby Veena Haasl-Blilie 9 MINUTE READ