10 Spiritual Benefits Of Amethyst
Crystal therapy is an ancient alternative medicine technique that involves the application of crystals or gemstones to facilitate healing. Perhaps the most popular among these healing crystals is amethyst.
What is/was amethyst used for?
- Because of its unique healing energy, amethyst has been used for a variety of health conditions throughout the ages.
- Amethyst gained its name from the ancient Greek word meaning “Ametusthos”, meaning “not intoxicated”. The ancient Greeks wore amethyst and carved drinking vessels from it, in the belief that it would prevent intoxication.
- Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz that contains iron and other minerals within its structure, often used in jewelry because of its hardness and stability.
- Medieval European soldiers wore it as protection in battle, believing that amethyst heals people and keeps them cool-headed.
- It’s the birthstone for February and known as the zodiac stone for Pisces.
Amethyst Metaphysical Properties
Amethyst is known as one of the great problem-solver stones, and offers plenty of spiritual benefits:
- Amethyst is recognized as a stone of spirituality and contentment. It enhances spiritual awareness and promotes a higher state of consciousness. It’s well known for its metaphysical abilities to calm the mind and helps to inspire an enhanced meditative state.
- Amethyst stimulates the third eye crown and etheric chakras. It helps in enhancing cognitive perception as well as accelerating the development of intuitive and psychic abilities.
- Its inherent high frequency purifies the aura of any negative energy or attachments and creates a protective shield of light around the body.
- It was also reputed to control evil thoughts and increase intelligence. It initiates wisdom and greater understanding.
- It has been believed that amethyst helps you to apply your intellectual powers to any difficult situation you might face.
- It helps in developing an ability to think more clearly and decision making. It works deeply on the emotional level to help in building the skill to recognize emotional patterns.
- It’s known as a stone of comfort for those grieving the loss of a loved one.
- It has a great positive effect on creativity and imaginative power by enhancing the intuition. It also helps in the assimilation of new ideas and putting thoughts into action.
- It helps in relieving stress and anxiety. This crystal attracts positive energy and helps in removing negative emotions such as fear, depression, and anxiety.
- It also helps in increasing the mental focus by amplifying the creative elements of the universal life force in you.
How to Use Amethyst
Amethyst can be used in different ways to get amazing benefits. It can be used in a mala bead as a meditation tool to promote calmness and enhance the meditative state. Wearing amethyst brings a peace and balance to your personality.
It is also a great stone to have anywhere in your home and workplace. Amethyst clusters and geodes are immensely popular and have amazing healing properties to rid your home and workplace from negative energy. They protect your energy and space from negativity. You can place them in the bedroom, living room, car, bathroom, or even in a meditation room to enhance positivity. On the physical level, amethyst strengthens the immune system and encourages inner strength.
Have you ever tried this stone? Did you observe any spiritual benefits? Share below!
Get Daily Wellness
You might also like…
- by Jenn Maronek 9 MINUTE READ
- by Emily Heron 6 MINUTE READ
- by Olivia Ryan 13 MINUTE READ
- by Lisa Marie 11 MINUTE READ
- by Alissa Jablonske 7 MINUTE READ
- by Serena Jade 5 MINUTE READ