When she was growing up, Ros wanted to be a vet or a scientist, but her fascination with human behavior and neuroscience led her to a career in Organisational Development, specializing in making a difference by creating better workplaces, great leaders, and inspired teams. After more than 20 years in corporate human resources and organizational development roles, a successful battle with cancer gave Ros the nudge to take her passion for transforming leaders and improving how individuals and organizations cope with change, in a new direction.
Leaving her senior corporate role in 2012, Ros established her consulting business, Shaping Change, to achieve her goals. Her inspirational business story was featured in the 2014 book “Australian Entrepreneur”. Ros is a solutions and results oriented facilitator, with expertise spanning strategic planning, leadership development, organizational culture, change management, emotional intelligence, and employee engagement.
She is also a talented executive and leadership coach, with current coaching clients at Executive and Senior levels in Government agencies, private enterprise, and the community sectors. Ros is a keen writer, and in addition to her book, The Resilient Employee, and her own blog, she contributes regular articles to Leaders in Heels, The Huffington Post and for “People Development” Magazine.
Your Personal or Professional Goals:
A significant amount of my work is in creating great leaders. Leaders who are mindful, connected, emotionally intelligent, self-aware, values were driven and purposeful. I find that many of the leaders who work with us want to create a better world of work, both for our generation and for sustainable organizations of the future. So many leaders say to us “there must be a better way to lead,” and we help them find their authentic leadership voice. We seek to create leaders with both a short term and long term focus, who strive toward personal and organizational transformation, and furthermore, as contributors to a more effective society.
From a personal perspective, I want to travel more – there is so much of the world to see! I want to continue to be happy and productive and to keep on learning and growing. I am definitely a lifelong learner.
What’s your offering to the world:
My business is purpose and values driven. I am clear on my purpose “Releasing True Potential” and my business values.
Our values are:
* Making a difference. We believe in adding value to your business. We want to make the world a better place by shaping authentic leaders and organizations.
* Integrity. We believe in telling you the truth, even when it is challenging. We become your trusted advisors.
* Excellence. We believe in doing our absolute best for you every single time. We are experienced leaders who understand the challenges of business.
* Respect. We believe that everyone deserves to be heard and that every individual, team, and organization is unique.
* Curiosity. We believe that the answers are not always obvious and that an inquiring mind can be our most valuable tool.
* Balance. We believe that people matter and organizational outcomes matter and that when the balance is right, you get the best results.
* Learning. We believe that education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world (Nelson Mandela).
I recently started using the personal tagline “The Leadership Alchemist” because I help ordinary leaders become leaders of great value.
Who/What Inspires You:
I am inspired by people who are making a positive difference in the world. I admire leaders and entrepreneurs who are giving back – through charitable foundations, mentoring and helping people be their best. I am particularly inspired by people who give a voice to those who have none. We need to hear their stories.
Releasing True Potential
Be the Change you want to see in the World –Mahatma Gandhi
Online and Social Sites:
Latest posts by Sivana (see all)
- I’m Yunha Kim, And This Is My Dharma - September 8, 2017
- How Losing Everything Can Make You Feel Happier, More Peaceful - September 8, 2017
- Establish Being, Perform Action - September 8, 2017