Lucid dreaming is not easy, but it is worthwhile. Once you learn to induce lucid dreams, it becomes easier and the benefits are outstanding. One of the most amazing aspects of lucid dreaming is being able to interact with renowned personalities. When lucid, you can talk to the most enlightened people in history.
Although this is taking place in your mind, you use these personalities as a method to access the subconscious part of your mind and give it a voice to discuss your concerns with. So if you are ready to speak directly with the high ideal of who you are, just follow these simple steps.
This is most crucial part of your lucid dreaming experience. And to get you started, there are four questions you need to ask yourself before you embark on this magical journey.
- Do you have a positive attitude? You have to study the subject enough to believe you can do it.
- Are dreams important? In order to create the correct mindset, you have to understand and believe that your dreams are an important part of your life.
- Are you enthusiastic? Enthusiasm is key. The subconscious mind is highly influenced by emotions. The more you wish to have a lucid dream, the greater chances of success.
- Do you have plans? It’s not just about the time during the lucid dream that’s important. You have to think beforehand and create a plan about what you wish to do in your dream. You also have to look beyond the moment you become lucid.
Here are a few steps for those who either have difficulty remembering their dreams or believe they never dream.
- Upon awakening, do not move and take a few essential moments to recall your dreams. Once you remember one part of a dream. Relax and allow the rest of the pieces to fall into place.
- If you have absolutely no initial recall, then run through a quick checklist of people you know, places you have been and things you enjoy doing.
- Try to get an extra hour of sleep by going to bed earlier than usual. Try sleeping in a different position too.
By placing a dream journal beside your bed, you are signaling to your mind that your dreams are important and worth remembering. The habit of writing down your dreams soon becomes a habit of recalling your dreams. Just jot down keywords about the dream upon waking up and soon enough, you’ll be able to recall them in detail.
Know Your Dreams
Sometimes we can become lucid simply be seeing a recurring theme, person or object in a dream. When you start to use a dream journal you may begin to notice recurring dream symbols, which will help you become aware that you are dream. Think about the person, objection or location you often see in a dream and tell yourself that this is your dream symbol.
If you are more aware during the day, you will become more aware while dreaming. The fact is that you can be fully conscious, semiconscious, and not conscious at all in your dreams as well as in your waking life. It is all a matter of mindfulness. It all boils down to your level of awareness. The Tibetan dream yoga is based on practicing mindfulness during the day.
Are you dreaming right now? Take a moment to check your surroundings and why you are there in that location. How did you get there? Is everybody in your location normal?
Reality checks help us to situate ourselves in our environment. By doing these during the day, this habit will eventually spill over into your dreams. Look for inconsistencies. Use an alarm or lucid dreaming app to set up random times to notify you to check your reality.
Linking Your Awareness To Your Dreams
Once you become accustomed to checking your reality and learning how to live in a more aware state combined with your identification of dream symbols, you will naturally start to have more and more lucid dream experiences.
Contacting Your Mentor
Once you become lucid in a dream, find a door and tell yourself that the person you most want to talk to is behind it then walk through.