The pineal gland is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. The shape of the gland resembles a pine cone, hence its name. The pineal gland is located in the epithalamus, near the center of the brain between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two halves of the thalamus join.It mainly produces melatonin, a hormone derived from serotonin that affects the rhythms of the body (especially the wake-sleep patterns), as well as seasonal functions such as reproduction.
Throughout history, the pineal gland has been considered sacred by many ancient cultures. In fact, they considered it to be the ‘third eye’, a place of mystical and spiritual purpose. It’s also been theorized that the pineal gland actually produces Dimethyltryptamine (or DMT), a natural hallucinogen responsible for visions and mystical states of consciousness.
Hence, having a healthy pineal gland is one of the most important things you can do when you’re devoting significant time and energy to your spiritual path.
Understand the Reason Behind the Idea
In order to actually decalcify your pineal gland, you must first understand what creates its calcification. These substances include:
- Excessive calcium, which can be accumulated as a result of consuming too large a quantity of dairy products.
- Halides, a class of minerals that include chlorine, bromide and fluoride, all present in municipal water.
- A number of other toxins, such as those found in sugar or artificial sweeteners, as well as in deodorants or air refreshers.
- Indirectly, substances that exhaust the body and make it vulnerable to toxin build-up. For example, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Needless to say, before you can begin the process of detoxifying the pineal gland, you must attempt to remove these substances from your everyday life in order to avoid further calcification.
Giving up meat and dairy products is an important step toward decalcifying the pineal gland. While it may not be possible for everyone to give up animal products, simply embracing more of a plant-based diet can go a long way to help. If you do eat animal products, do your best to choose organic grass fed and hormone-free.
Get Better Water
There’s a reason why bottled water has become so popular over the years: city water is terrible. Many time, (as in the case of Flint, Michigan) lead pipes deliver the water to your home. Not only that, but sometimes they’re poorly sterilized, using a cleansing process that involves arsenic, chlorine, pesticides and most prominently, fluoride. It also doesn’t remove any trace medications that have been flushed down the toilet or the sink!
The pineal gland is primarily affected by the fluoride in tap water, but even if this were not the case, investing in a good quality filter would still make sense. I would recommend getting water delivered to your home.
Switch Your Dental Products
Go through all of your dental products and switch them out for fluoride free alternatives. These days you can find them at your natural grocer or online.
Use Powerful Natural Detoxifiers
The pineal gland is usually impaired by the build-up of calcium and toxins. Some natural detoxifiers that have been demonstrated to facilitate the removal of these harmful accumulations include:
- Iodine, which is found especially in sea vegetables and has been theorized to help remove fluoride from the body.
- Citric acid and apple cider vinegar, both of which act as metal detoxifiers. Orange or grapefruits.
- Beets or beet juice, which contain boron, a substance that balances calcium intake and helps remove fluoride.
- Because it is a type of magnetically-charged clay, bentonite tends to bind with toxins, including heavy metals and chemicals, so when it is ingested, it helps to eliminate them through natural digestion.
Latest posts by Matt Caron (see all)
- 22 Facts About Buddhism That Make It Truly Exceptional - August 16, 2017
- Here’ How Meditation Protects The Aging Brain - August 11, 2017
- The Scientific Case For Practicing Sanskrit Mantras - August 10, 2017