This bright and sunny stone has a joyful energy that invigorates anyone wearing it. For thousands of years, this stone has been valued for its rarity and beauty. Citrine comes from the word meaning “citron”, which was a citrus fruit in the time of the Greeks. Romans prized it for its color and used it extensively in jewelry and intaglio work. It became a sign of wealth and power to own this precious gem.
But while many of the wealthy in classical ages hoarded this stone, those without money rarely got to use it.
However, as time marched on, citrine became more readily available, and its ability to energetically help others became well known. Now that it’s so plentiful, it seems this stone is having a bit of a renaissance!
SEE ALSO: Understanding The Kundalini Energy
With it’s bright colors, citrine is most related to the energy of the sun. For this reason, its energy is thought to cleanse and energize the wearer on many levels.
- Physical- Citrine invigorates the spine, and enhances the digestive system. Because it’s an energetic sun stone, it’s often recommended for those with low energy and those that feel lethargic.
- Mental- The sun is thought to be a clear and clean energy. Hence, when using this stone, a clearer head can prevail because the thoughts begin to come into an energetic balance. Many business people prize this stone for bringing clarity, because it helps them to remain focused on their goals.
- Emotional- Finding self-confidence can sometimes be tricky; luckily gemstones can help. Just as the sun naturally shines its brilliance for all to see without reserve or hesitation, this stone helps the wearer to find confidence in simply exuding their own true selves.
- Spiritual- Because of the clarity that citirine brings mentally, it easily transfers that same vibration in spiritual benefits. This stone aids in bringing the wearer the ability to meditate deeply. In many healing circles, it’s taught that this stone cleanses the third eye chakra and grants spiritual vision. It also stimulates the sacral chakra, which is the center of creativity.
In many cultures, wearing citrine is quite natural in jewelry, and that’s the same case here. Although it’s preferable and stronger to wear it in contact with the skin, wearing it in earrings also works. If you wish to use it in a room, place large stones in the four corners; but only in a room that requires high energy, not one in which you sleep.
Latest posts by Matt Caron (see all)
- The Healing Benefits Of Organite - July 24, 2017
- The Top 10 Science-Backed Benefits Of Meditation - July 21, 2017
- Don’t Forget These 10 Rules When Placing Your Buddha Statue At Home Or Work - July 18, 2017