For thousands of years, there was a story from the Inuit peoples that claimed labradorite fell from the frozen fire of the Aurora Borealis, shimmering in a mystical light that separates the waking world from unseen realms.
Of course, that’s not true, but it illustrates the beauty so many cultures around the world and throughout history saw in this spectacular stone. The stone, usually gray-green, dark gray, black or grayish-white, is composed of layers that refract light as iridescent flashes of peacock blue, gold, pale green, or coppery red. It was discovered in Labrador, Canada, by missionaries in 1770 who named it for the area.
SEE ALSO: 10 Spiritual Symbols You MUST Know
This is a natural air stone, so it’s no surprise it helps to heal energies associated with creativity. If you’re looking to increase your self-confidence and find your deeper potential, this is your stone!
- Physical- Labradorite is beneficial to the lungs and may assist with respiratory problems, bronchitis, and colds. It assists in digestion, regulation, and metabolism. It may also be soothing during menstruation, for PMS symptoms, and for pain relief.
- Emotional- Labradorite calms an overactive mind and energizes the imagination. It encourages contemplation and introspection, bringing the clarity of thought and intuitive wisdom to help bring light to tough issues and bring one to peace. It helps to banish fears and insecurities while enhancing faith and reliance in oneself and trust in the universe.
- Spiritual-Labradorite is a powerful protector of the aura, preventing energy leakage, and others from tapping into and draining your personal energy.
How to Use Labradorite
Anytime you’re using gemstones, it’s important to wear them as close to the skin as possible; this helps you to absorb the energy directly. Things like bracelets, bangles, necklaces, and earrings all do a wonderful job of helping to absorb this vibration!
However, since this stone is specifically related to the second chakra, placing it on top of that area (such as in savasana) will help to bring about deeper healing- especially if you’re visualizing the stone’s energy healing you.
Latest posts by Matt Caron (see all)
- The Four Rules Of Living According To Lao Tzu - August 19, 2017
- 22 Facts About Buddhism That Make It Truly Exceptional - August 16, 2017
- Here’ How Meditation Protects The Aging Brain - August 11, 2017