Bathing with crystals is a relatively new thing, but something that’s catching on.
So what’s so great about it?
For one, it’s just a fantastic time in general to absorb the healing effects of powerful gemstones. Think about it: you’re relaxed and open. After all, the whole point of a bath is to relax, right? Bathing with gemstones is also the height of relaxation. It helps you to hit the pause button on the negative cycle that leads to less than useful feelings and give yourself time to unwind.
But since it’s a relatively new thing, it’s hard to know exactly how to go about it. Here are a few things you need to know.
SEE ALSO: The Healing Properties Of Labradorite
The Basic Rules
- Set the scene- light some candles, turn off the lights, and create an environment.
- Find the right gemstones that call out to you.
- Place them in the bath, next to you or under you if it’s possible. Whenever you can, you want them to contact your skin.
- If that doesn’t work, place them on the rim of the bath (this is great when using selenite which dissolves in water)
The Main Gemstones to Start With
- Amethyst crystals are probably the best thing to use on this list! A natural stress reliever, it gives clarity and provides a deeper understanding of yourself. Amethyst is also known to dispel your negative thoughts by placing it at top of the bath by your head near the crown chakra.
- If you’re looking to bring more loving energy into your life, throw two rose quartz stones into your bath. These are heart-based crystals that draw the energy of love. The specific vibrations given off by the stones will help to open your heart as you sink into the water.
- Selenite crystals and quartz crystals replenish positive energy. Selenite will clear that negative energy, as will clear quartz as it beams fresh energy into your crown chakra. Use the clear quartz to reactivate your sense of self that has been depleted. Make sure that you do not place your selenite in the water or get it too wet, as it will dissolve!
- As you’re laying in the tub, place a citrine stone on your upper abdomen. Citrine has a bright energy and a bringer of clarity, creativity, and positive feelings. It’s often used to reenergize your self-esteem and aid in manifestation.
- Placing hematite near the root chakra will bring a sense of calm and balance. It’s fantastic for self-reflection and stress relief because it’s so grounding. If your thoughts are chaotic, hematite will recenter your sense of focus.